Sunday, March 3, 2013

Glock 34 Race Gun Project

Glock 34 with compensator
I am currently in the middle of turning my Glock 34 into a race gun. American Rifleman recently did an article about making the Glock 34 a race gun and how it can be done without spending tons of money. My Glock 34 is a gen 3 so it has a 4.5 pound trigger pull, I haven't changed that yet but I am thinking that bringing it down to 3.5 will be worth it. As you can see I installed a Lone Wolf threaded barrel along with a lone wolf compensator. The compensator has a small screw under it that you tighten with an L wrench once it is in position, the instructions suggest using nail polish or a gun glue to make sure that the screw doesn't loosen. I have tired the nail polish route so far and it didn't work so well. Another thing to note is that once you add a compensator it will make the front of the gun and barrel heavier and harder for the slide to cycle. Because of this I have to change out the recoil spring and bring it down from the factory 17 pounds. I have 3 new springs a 15, 13, and 11 pound I haven't been back to the range to test which one will work best for cycling. I got the springs from www.glockmeister.com , if you do plan to replace the recoil spring in your Glock you will also need to buy a recoil guide rod that is not captured so it can be unscrewed and accept different springs. I haven't done it yet but I also picked up a HiViz fiber optic front sight this will make it much easier to stay on target especially when shooting white steel plates!

Overhead view of the Lone Wolf compensator

No comments:

Post a Comment